Now treating families in Colorado, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Tennessee, and Texas!
The CARES Act
Urgent Care for Kids/Virtual Care for Families is making sure ALL families are able to have an active COVID-19 or antibody test, with or without insurance.
Under the CARES Act (Coronavirus Aid Relief & Economic Security Act), we are able to provide FREE care to uninsured families of all ages for active COVID-19 and antibody testing. This covers the telemedicine visit, the testing costs at our clinics, as well as the third-party lab costs through Quest or CPL labs (Quest and CPL labs are covering their costs for uninsured families who need COVID-19/antibody testing).
To participate in this government program, you meet the requirements to the terms and conditions.
- Patient must have a Social Security Number or equivalent
- By completing this form, you confirm that you DO NOT have private insurance of any kind.
- You are NOT enrolled in any government medical insurance programs such as Medicaid and Medicare.
- You are above the age of 18 and this medical visit is for you alone OR you are filling this form out as a parent, guardian, or legal custodian of a child.
- The United States CARES Act only covers costs associated with COVID-19 Screenings and labs related to COVID-19. CARES Act DOES NOT cover medications prescribed associated with the telemedicine visit or lab tests not related to COVID-19.
- If you have any form of insurance but do not want to use that insurance, you are NOT ELIGIBLE for this free visit.
- You agree to have your information verified and be billed at full price if your information is falsified.
If all of the above apply to you, start your free visit below:
*Free active COVID-19 and antibody tests at our clinics are only applicable for families testing at one of our clinics. If you are not close to one of our 14 Texas clinics (view clinic locations here) or live outside of Texas, our telemedicine visit is still covered, however, active COVID-19 testing fees depends on your nearby clinic. Quest lab testing fees are covered for uninsured families throughout the United States.
Free Testing Process
Step 1: Be Evaluated & Approved for a COVID-19 or Antibody Test
In order to have a free active COVID-19 or antibody test, patients must have a provider’s orders. Our providers will facilitate a virtual visit with you to see if you qualify for a test.
To start, please fill out the form below:
Step 2: The Screening Process
Through the virtual screening process, a physician will triage you and based on your symptoms and exposure, determine if you qualify for active COVID-19 or antibody testing.
Below is a flowchart outlining the process of free active COVID-19/antibody testing at one of our clinics for uninsured families:
Step 3: Pick a Location
(If geographically close to our clinics)
If medically necessary, our provider will direct you to visit the nearest clinic location to conduct active COVID-19 or antibody testing. If we do not have a clinic near you, our provider will direct you to the nearest testing lab and email you the appropriate forms to bring to the testing lab.
We currently have 14 physical Urgent Care for Kids clinics around Texas in the Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth, and Houston areas.
Find a location near you below:
Urgent Care for Kids Cedar Park
Weekdays: Noon – 9:00 PM
Weekends: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Urgent Care For Kids Keller
Our Keller location is temporarily closed. Please visit us at our Alliance location.
Urgent Care for Kids Garland
Weekdays: 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Weekends: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM